Monday, August 31, 2015

Emmi Vivian's Delivery


























I was induced one week earlier than my due date. It was a busy day at the hospital. Darren and I got there at 2:00 PM and we sat in the hospital room waiting to be induced for 2 hours. Other women kept coming in who were in labor so they had priority ;) Finally they came in put petocin in and I slowly dilated to a 5. My contractions were constant and I wasn't dilating fast enough. Since my body wasn't getting any breaks to rest from the contractions, they stopped the petocin so it wouldn't cause stress on the baby. (I had an epidural before they gave me the petocin and it worked great throughout the entire labor, thank goodness). Once they took me off petocin, an hour later I started feeling slight pressure and wondered if my body was ready. My dad said, "I've been reading charts for a long time and your body is ready!" He has been in lots of labor rooms waiting for all of us to have our babies. Turns out, we got the nurse in there, she checked me, and the baby was indeed ready! Shortly Dr. Thompson got there, it took a few pushes and Emmi Vivian made her debut! The labor was 4 hours total. I remember shaking uncontrollably throughout the entire time. I think that's part reason as to why my body was so sore as the epidural started to wear off. When Emmi was handed to me for the first time, all I could think was... wow. you're mine?? you're mine... you are my child. You are what has been inside of me for these past months. Growing and kicking. She was/is absolutely perfect. Why am I so lucky? I am so blessed. The labor went so well. My body was drained. I was so tired. I don't remember feeling so tired in the past labors. That night didn't help my fatigue. There were like 15 babies in the nursery that night. They were used to a max of 6. So I kept Emmi in the room with me. All night long.. I didn't sleep at all. Maybe 20 minutes. I was so uncomfortable. And she was so new, what if something happened while I was sleeping? The next day we had visitors. All I wanted to eat was graham crackers and oreo milkshakes. We were eager to get out, so as soon as we found out that Emmi didn't have jaundice, we were outta there. We went to my mama's house. My body wanted to sleep. But I didn't... I wanted to be with Emmi, making sure everything was good. I wish our bodies didn't need sleep. But I was so tired. Thankful for my mama. She held Emmi all night except for when I would wake up and come feed her because I think she knew I needed the peace of mind that she would be okay. Why was I so worried this time around? That first week was nice being at my moms house in STG because the kids had lots to do. And all I had to worry about was little Emmi. Darren would take the kids swimming. Shopping. Over to Grama and Grampa Wilstead. And I took naps when I could and relaxed. It worked out great having family and all the help around! But my body ached. The nursing contractions about killed me. The engorgement just about did me over as well. I didn't feel great that whole first week. My labor and all that definitely wore on my body a bit more! So Emmi is a month old now. Yes, time flies!!! We have been going through thrush which is just awful! She doesn't sleep great at night, which is fine, but i mean i wish she did... we all adore her to pieces though and she has completed our family which I feel so content with! She reminds me so much of Tylee. She cries more than my others. No colic and not out of control, but wearing. My favorite thing is any time i pick her up. It puts a smile on my face! She stretches and grunts. And I love to smell her. I don't want to forget the sweet smell of a newborn. With her being my last I want to take in all this goodness while I can. We are so blessed to have this healthy beautiful baby in our home! I'm not sure why we are so incredibly blessed in this life. But my heart is bursting with gratitude!!!

No comments: