Saturday, January 14, 2012

A couple attempts..





First of all, Tylee is 2 1/2 and not potty trained. Not that we haven't tried. She isn't interested like I thought she would be. We do our best at doing what we can and try to stay happy and optimistic. Her face tells all of how she feels about it herself. We look forward to the day that it will finally click! :) Potty training... definitely not for the faint of heart.


Secondly, Tylee is having a really hard time going to bed at night. Darren has been bugging me about taking her nap away. I knew she would crash because she gets so tired come nap time and she goes down so well, but I thought I would give it a shot to see if it helped and if not, I could tell Darren, "I told you so" :) Anyway, we made it to almost 5:00 when she was completely out. I tried talking to her and her eyes started crossing and she would doze off. I tried a popsicle and that obviously didn't work either. Naps for sure, she is still too young I feel. BUT, she has learned that she can open her door. It was so cute and funny the first night she did it. Pokes her head out and when we catch her she would dart back to her bed. Now it is driving us crazy. She won't go to bed. ugh. Darren has been the bad guy tonight and has put his foot down, we will see what happens. But she does come get us in the morning if we aren't already awake. And has freaked us out in the middle of the night when you wake up to her staring at you, or laying on the floor in your room. Haha...

1 comment:

badonkatonks said...

Oh wow I feel your pain! We just put Dex in a big boy bed and it's no fun when they know they can just get out of it and run to your room. I don't know if this makes us bad parents but we've actually locked him in his room and he eventually gives up and heads to bed. As for potty training, I'm not even gonna attempt that til well after our 2nd one is born! Hope Tylee gets the hang of it soon!!