Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spiritual thought::

Yesterday was our stake women's conference. I was unable to go to all of it but did get to make it to the end. I heard 1.5 talks and learned so much so I wanted to document my thoughts. 

I came in late to one that was absolutely amazing. She had my attention from the time I set foot in there. I was in need of some spiritual feeding so I was eager to listen and learn. 
Just the other night as Darren and I read about Alma baptizing Helam (and he was too) we were talking about ah man, how cool would it be to have all your sins washed away. No doubts in yourself and where you stand. Just a fresh start... All that. Don't you just wonder gosh, I know I'm not recognizing all those little sins- I'm well aware of the big ones and still wonder if my repentance is enough. And with all that, where does that put me with Christ? Ginger- the teacher shared a story. Eyering was a bishop and got asked, how do I know that I am forgiven for my sins? On the spot Eyering didn't know himself and sought for further inspiration etc. and told him he would get back to him. Eyering and kimball I guess related and at a family event they found time to discuss the matter. Although when Eyering asked kimball this question he thought he would answer with, how he feels, peace, is he going to church, etc. but instead asked the following: does he go to his 3 meetings? Is he early? Sit on front row? Home teaching? Beginning of the month? Is he doing all those things he should? Etc. (in my interpretation more than just "doing") it's things like that, that show our Heavenly Father that we are earnestly seeking to be forgiven. I constantly repeat in my head- through righteous living your sins can be forgiven. 
People who are deceived, don't know they are being decieved; for they are deceived. A quote from the same teacher. Which is obvious just put into  words that made me think more about it. My reason in my life right now as to why I am here is for one reason: to raise my kids to be righteous leaders. Help them to know the gospel. To know the difference between right from wrong (cause satan is too good at deceiving) we often here the secret to it all which is going to church. Reading and studying the scriptures. Praying with intent. Which is repeated so often, i have found myself taking it lightly. But when taken to heart, I get it. I understand it's importance. We become to recognize those moments when Satan is trying to deceive us. 

To the next talk. Men's brains are boxes. They can close a box and put it on the top shelf and not think about it again til the box is brought out again. Women's
Brains are a whole bunch of wires. We inner connect it all. Causing us to perhaps over think and worry. Bottom line- accept and embrace and understand opposition. And think positive. Be happy. :) 


1 comment:

Heather Hutchinson said...

thank you, thank you dear friend! loved your insight....i needed it today! :)