Darren always says, "man, I wonder what it would be like to live one day in your head." He thinks I'm so weird sometimes, and I will admit- I am a little weird, but aren't we all? Anyway, I LOVE quiet car drives cause I can just THINK about stuff and then I like to retrace my thoughts and think of how I got to what I was thinking. Here's a little of what has been crossing my mind a lot lately.
So recently in one of my husbands classes, they brought up statistics of what makes people happy. One being money, another being marriage, and another being something else? (ha) Anyway, it also stated that having children does not effect your "happiness level." Now having little Tylee makes me SO HAPPY. But I can also see why the level doesn't go UP or DOWN. I see friends going to buy paint late at night and painting a room (Mallory and Dean). Or friends that sleep in and lounge on a Sat. morning watching T.V. and enjoying each other's company. (Baye and Sky). And friends that can be SPONTANEOUS and do things on their OWN TIME (pretty much.) "Let's go ice-skating!- wait what about baby ty." or when friends are over at our house and I'm upstairs the whole time trying to get onry baby to sleep. So I miss out on the SOCIALIZING. OR when it's been a long day and I am EXHAUSTED, but I can't sit and rest for a second, Tylee is wide awake and ready for my attention. and it takes a lot of effort to get her to sleep at night, she doesn't go to sleep on her own (I KINDA blame myself) i catch myself picturing our life without the little one. BUT BUT BUT... I have to say... There is NOTHING SWEETER then coming home from my TUESDAY OF WORK and seeing the biggest grin on her face as soon as I catch her attention. Or getting her out of the crib in the morning and she's THRILLED to see me. Or watching her daddy play with her and listening to her GIGGLE. Or being able to comfort her when she is sad and wants to be held. Or to see her reach her accomplishments that are ever-changing. Or putting baby lotion on her and cute outfits and taking pictures. There is MORE MEANING TO LIFE when you have a baby. Holidays are more fun, days are EVENTFUL. She's my best little buddy. Yeah, she's a lot of work, but what a TREAT to be able to raise my little girl. I LOVE HER more than anything! I can't imagine my life without her. We are going to be best friends forever because I'm just like her- or she's just like me. We will get excited for cheesy movies to come out and dress-up and play like we are princesses and bust out singing in the pretend microphone as if we are on stage, or dancing to way cool songs. I don't know.. she's a cool little girl. and she's a BLESSING sent from heaven!
So what I'm saying is I guess with those statistics, the good and bad weigh out to EVEN and that's why it doesn't effect your HAPPY LEVEl? that's GENERALLY SPEAKING. If you ask me- personally, I WOULD SAY HAVING A BABY MAKES ME THE HAPPIEST and PROUDEST, and STRIVING TO BE BETTER TYPE OF PERSON in the ENTIRE WORLD.
Love you BOO! (that's what Darren's likes to call her)
So recently in one of my husbands classes, they brought up statistics of what makes people happy. One being money, another being marriage, and another being something else? (ha) Anyway, it also stated that having children does not effect your "happiness level." Now having little Tylee makes me SO HAPPY. But I can also see why the level doesn't go UP or DOWN. I see friends going to buy paint late at night and painting a room (Mallory and Dean). Or friends that sleep in and lounge on a Sat. morning watching T.V. and enjoying each other's company. (Baye and Sky). And friends that can be SPONTANEOUS and do things on their OWN TIME (pretty much.) "Let's go ice-skating!- wait what about baby ty." or when friends are over at our house and I'm upstairs the whole time trying to get onry baby to sleep. So I miss out on the SOCIALIZING. OR when it's been a long day and I am EXHAUSTED, but I can't sit and rest for a second, Tylee is wide awake and ready for my attention. and it takes a lot of effort to get her to sleep at night, she doesn't go to sleep on her own (I KINDA blame myself) i catch myself picturing our life without the little one. BUT BUT BUT... I have to say... There is NOTHING SWEETER then coming home from my TUESDAY OF WORK and seeing the biggest grin on her face as soon as I catch her attention. Or getting her out of the crib in the morning and she's THRILLED to see me. Or watching her daddy play with her and listening to her GIGGLE. Or being able to comfort her when she is sad and wants to be held. Or to see her reach her accomplishments that are ever-changing. Or putting baby lotion on her and cute outfits and taking pictures. There is MORE MEANING TO LIFE when you have a baby. Holidays are more fun, days are EVENTFUL. She's my best little buddy. Yeah, she's a lot of work, but what a TREAT to be able to raise my little girl. I LOVE HER more than anything! I can't imagine my life without her. We are going to be best friends forever because I'm just like her- or she's just like me. We will get excited for cheesy movies to come out and dress-up and play like we are princesses and bust out singing in the pretend microphone as if we are on stage, or dancing to way cool songs. I don't know.. she's a cool little girl. and she's a BLESSING sent from heaven!
So what I'm saying is I guess with those statistics, the good and bad weigh out to EVEN and that's why it doesn't effect your HAPPY LEVEl? that's GENERALLY SPEAKING. If you ask me- personally, I WOULD SAY HAVING A BABY MAKES ME THE HAPPIEST and PROUDEST, and STRIVING TO BE BETTER TYPE OF PERSON in the ENTIRE WORLD.
Love you BOO! (that's what Darren's likes to call her)
11 comments:
I'm so glad you posted that. It's so true! There are good times and bad times, but it is truly a priviledge to be able to raise a child. I totally agree with everything you said and appreciate the post!
That was Cute Janess! It's true! I feel the same way!
DETO on that janess! Like I said...someone may tell you it looks like you have your hands full...but I would like to tell them..."If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!" It is a tough job being a Mom but it the most fulfilling and I wouldn't change it for anything!!! I love being a mommy to my 4 little kids!!!
I really needed to hear a post like that janessa! When there are bad times it sure is nice to hear that another mom is going through it! Your a wonderful mom!!!! love ya
Aren't you to die for! I will say that I have ALL the time in the world for myself, I NEVER have to worry about anyone's time schedule and can do anything I want at the drop of a hat, AND I'd rather be in your position. I'm so so happy (and a little jealous) :) that she fulfills your life!! I'm so happy to see you doing so good...sure love your little family!
That is so sweet ness, and well said. You are such a good little mom!
i totally agree with all of it! even the part where you like to drive silently in the car cause i love that too! how fun to be in your had for a post ;)
Thank you for that post. That was exactly what I was talking to my husband about just the other night. We don't ahve many friends with kids and they tell us they feel bad that we have to miss out. But you said it beautifully! You sound like an amazing mother! And these little babies are just that a Blessing from above.
perfectly said!! it's a tough job, but the very best one also. you are such a cute little mommy, and tylee is so blessed to have you.
If you ever need a Saturday to sleep in or just watch tv we will take TK. Even though she would cry the whole time :)
well put!! like julie said, when people tell me (which is ALL the time) that I have my "hands full" I just tell them "yup, but its better than my hands empty"! I wouldn't trade it for anything, even on the hard days! I think us girls get the better end of the stick,get to have these precious kids and stay home and raise them!
Post a Comment