For the fourth, we decided to head to Newport Beach with our good friends, Bailey and Skyler... I dropped Tylee off at my mom's which was hard and tearful for me- but as soon as we were on the road, I was good.
On our way they had to stop to ride at least one roller coaster on this trip- so we went to the one in Prim... I didn't go. (Not a huge fan of roller coasters)- but the three of them loved it!
Bailey has never really been on a "beach vacation" so as soon as we got in town, we had to stop at a beach. It was very chilly at night, but it was beautiful! Something about a beach that makes things feel very surreal.
We couldn't get pictures of all of us very much... this one worked out good though. This is at Hungington Beach the first night we were there.
We woke up Sat. morning and it was overcast and freezing! Ah.. I was so bummed. But Skyler was very in tune with the weather this weekend and informed us that by 12:00, the sun would be out. and sure enough... We were able to catch some rays! We walked around the boardwalk and pier until it warmed up.
Subway at the beach-- ahh! it was delightful!!!
OF COURSE... everyone does this at the beach these days... so we did it too!
Darren's uncles's neighbor plays for the Royals! and he got us tickets!! FREE tickets! I love going to professional baseball games!
We wanted to go introduce ourselves to the cool guy that got us those tickets, but we didn't know where he was? We did get to see all the players up close though.
Our $11 drink. We justified with free tickets and unlimited refills.
On Sunday, we headed over church and walked around the temple for a short bit. It was- as always- very beautiful!
The beach on 4th of July was PACKED! It literally took us 45 minutes to park! But we have stories and memories that day we will never forget :)
Bailey loves sea food and there isn't anything in St. G, so we had to get some of the good stuff. We went to Joe's Crab Shack and she got crab!! Although we were watching her eat most of the time- the food we had was delicious!
It was so fun at the game.
Story #1... So I was missing Tylee and I saw kids EVERYWHERE! There was this cute family sitting next to us and the boy well, he really liked me. He would look at me and raise his eyebrows at me, and then a couple times would just come up to me and give me a big hug! Made me so happy!
Story #2... Haha. Darren- don't be mad. So he had gas this night (we have Panda Express for dinner) and we he kinda let out a stinky one-- really stinky. And everyone could smell it! Even the group sitting on the other side of us. Skyler ratted Darren out and they came up to me saying that I hope I have a fan at night to fan the smell away... And when the guy was leaving, he said to Darren.. "see you later stinky f-er!" (it wasn't mean, even though he cursed horribly) it was hilarious!
6 comments:
Oh man, I thoguht for sure Darren would convince you to post the naked lady picture haha. This was such a fun weekend! Thanks for the good times.
hahaha man her hair must grow fast. hahaha! ya leaving the baby is so hard.... i went away for like 2 days and saw a preview to this movie with josh dumel and it had a baby in it and i wanted to cry i missed her so much. but its looks like you guys had lots of fun! love the pictures!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun... Such fun memories you look so cute Janessa!! Love that cute purse where did you get that? Love it...
What a fun trip!!!! I bet that was a blast!! Dean and I were talking the other day about our cruise we want to go on!! can we still make that happen??? PLEASE!!! That would be an absolute blast! Love all the pictures!! and I love story #2! I was crackin up!!! haha
hahah darren musta really stunk!! how fun u guys! serious janess do u EVER take a bad pic?
What a fun getaway. It is good to leave them every once in a while. You need the time with your spouse. You are cute as ever of course!
Post a Comment