Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Terrific and Terrible TWOs

Tylee is such. a. TEASER. She loves to run in the opposite direction when I call for her. She turns on the water in the sink after she asked not to. She takes binkies from her brothers mouths. She kicks when getting her diaper changed (and think it's hilarious). It's a chore getting her into her carseat. Will never keep her shoes on. Pretty much, she purposely does what she is asked not to, but she thinks it's all a silly game.

"Oh, you're so silly, Tylee" is my response when I am feeling patient. Or it's, "TYLEE KATE! Do you want to go to time-out?!"
"Yes..."
and when I count to 3, 1... she will finish for me 2. 3! :) its actually pretty funny.

I realize why people call it "terrible twos" because pretty sure this is only the beginning of that phase. But I must say, this little one is moreso TERRIFIC!



Pic #1. A huge fat catapillar in our garage. All day long it hung around. We passed by it a thousand times until she told me to touch it. I hate creepy crawly creatures. But for my little girl... I would be somewhat brave. No way I was going to actually touch it, so I grabbed a vase thing to put it in and slowly try to drag it along until it got in there (my arms extended as far as I could) I am moaning the whole time I am doing this until it MOVES and I drop everything and scream. haha... "Mommy, are you nervous, huh?" Yeah, just a little.. I gave it another attempt and with the help of a frisbee, I was able to get him in there. We gave him dirt, a rock, a leaf, and an apple. She named him "He" when I asked what she wanted him to be named. (not sure she understood the "naming" part, but I went with it.) Anyway, we kept him til Daddy got home and then they set He free. :)

Pic #2. She is just CUTE. She will smile for pictures all the time now! And make any face you ask her to.


Pic #3. She LOVES to sing. She wants me to turn on movies that have music in it and as soon as the song is over, "Do it again!" She will dance and sing the whole time.


monsters! she has a fear of monsters. ever since darren scared her with an ape mask months ago, she hides from "monsters" Oh, way to go Darren...

3 comments:

Myles N Amanda said...

oh yes don't worry.. my hals is scarred of monsters too but learned it from her cousins... at night she tells me " mom where the monster go?" and i just tell her he ate dinner and went to bed.. or you can make a squirt bottle for her and put monster stickers on it and tell her it gets rid of monsters when she sprays it. hahah. darn those husbands, myles does stuff like that to all the time.

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

Haha Jaerick is scared of them too! I just make them cool instead of scary! She is so pretty and cute!

Jake and Jen said...

haha, you had me laughing by the first paragraph!