A busy day the 17th was. Father's Day! Yes, I believe the fathers in my life are the greatest!!!! Mike and Denise farewell. They had an open house the night before the Darren Sean and Jared put together for them. It was super hot and we got this picture of the grandkids for Denise's birthday. (red faces!) But it has been crazy having to say goodbye. We moved into my parent's house and have been living her for a week. Darren left today for Indiana. The kids and I leave next week with my mom and we are flying out there. We are there for 2 months and move in with my parents while Darren finishes out 8 more months of trainig (he will be traveling a lot which led to our decision). My heart is hurting. It's night 1 and I miss him already. Tylee asked if Daddy was coming in to say prayers and she said she wanted to give him a kiss, so it kinda made me sad. I know he will miss us, but I fear that Darren is going to like being out there more than being at home with the chaos of a family and young children. Although it is going to be hard this next bit, Darren and I feel this is only a small stage in our life and this is what we should be doing. We will be placed in 10 months, so I will be at my parents until then. My parents are the greatest and I feel so blessed that they are letting us stay here! and the fact the I am actually looking forward to it! I love hanging out with my mom and dad! We are downstairs and they are upstairs, so I will give them lots of space so they are not too sick of us.
Mike and Denise left. It was a very cool experience at the setting apart. First we saw Bednar, then out came Perry and he was talking to Tylee.. "Look at your pretty braid! Did your Grampa do that?" she just acted shy. We met with Anderson. He did the setting apart. Genuinly awesome. He greeted us one by one. Personable. My heart was warm. We then saw Oaks walking out. Time for goodbyes the next morning after breakfast. Crazy to think it will be that long until we see them. We have been super close with his family so it will be an adjustment. And I guess the fact that we were leaving anyway may not make it feel as weird in that sense. But they will be missed. Bulgaria--- man!
2 comments:
A lot of new things coming up for you guys!! Darren will totally not like being out there better, he'll miss you guys like crazy. Happy birthday to Ty... Miss you janess, hopefully I can see ya when we come back before you go!
Toughest thing, living apart!! Crazy as it sounds, it will fly right by! Mike and I did this for a year.. He left when karcyn was only 4 months.. So so hard but like I said, it flew. When your in the moment and start counting the days he's been gone that makes it drag.. As hard as it is, try not to keep track of days.. It really helps :) good luck to you and your little family!
Post a Comment