Friday, August 20, 2010

Note to self ::

this is about me and darren and our marriage.
there are times when i feel so in love with darren and i think he is the greatest. there are times when he is so nice to me and wants to help me out with anything. there are times when he wants to give me a back massage just because, or randomly will say how much he loves me. but unfortunately, there are times when we don't really talk to each other because we are both so tired from work or busy with other things. and when we do talk, we bicker about everything. i hate these times. i will admit that when im tired that i don't have much emotion, im just a zombie, and uh... okay- onry. (and i feel so tired lately!!) so when darren says things i just sit there and sometimes roll my eyes at him and find faults and reasons why i should be angry with him.
but i just had an epiphany.. (i read an article in readers digest) and i realized the importance of laughing with your spouse. instead of holding contempt like you are better than them, you laugh with them and agree with them, which i believe is more important than always proving your opinion to be correct- sometimes an opinion doesn't need to be shared. :) so thats what im going to do, learn to laugh with him more and try to make him laugh.
Although, i do know what keeps our marriage happy and what keeps Darren happy, sometimes it's just difficult to constantly live by it. It's always nice to have a boost or a reminder to work harder at it. Because I love Darren and I don't know what I would do without him! He keeps me striving because I want to be my best for him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love this because that is exactly how me and jeremie are..I think its only normal to have those "days" with your spouse sometimes.But Laughter is definitely a LOT more fun then bickering:)....Sounds like a good point you read... You and Darren are so cute together!!

Logan and Danielle said...

Its always nice to hear little reminders of whats really important :) I think most newly married couples are that way!!
PS...Tylee has a sweet Harry Potter scar now :)ha Makes her look tough!!

Whitney said...

One thing that really seemed to help cut down on "those" days for my husband and I was reading "The 5 Love Languages". Now that we know what each other's primary love language is it is SO much easier to keep the other person happy. Just a suggestion. :) I've been telling everyone to read it lately; I loved it that much. :)