Tylee got 7 stitches in her forehead yesterday. I'm not sure I want to remember the story of how it happened, but I'll record it anyway. We go for walks every morning.. to the mailbox and to take the garbage out. Well since our neighbor gave the hospital our billing address, taking mail to her house happens often (she just had a baby- the bills never stop). So i left the stroller on the sidewalk and ran up to the door, it was stable when I left it, so I didn't think it was necessary to lock it. Dangit- I was wrong. The stroller strolled right off the curb. I saw it happening and thought I had a grip of the stroller, but apparently not. The front wheel went off and made the stroller tip. She hit her head on the road and was bleeding down her face. I came to wash her face off, but she wasn't having it, so I put a bandaid on and ran to see Darren at his work to have him take a look at her. Her eyes weren't dilated or anything (I was worried for any degree of concussion.) But I didn't want her to fall to sleep yet. It was nap time too, so she was so tired. Darren took a look at the cut and agreed that we should take her to see Dr. Thompson. Thank goodness he let her right in, even though he was SUPER busy!

They put this numbing gel on her and we hung out for a while until it kicked in. She was acting her normal self and all over the place.

These pics were taken on my phone so I didn't get very good ones. This is where they had to strap her down. She
hated it! She managed to get out of the thing a couple times and the nurses called her an escape artist, because they have never seen any baby get out of those. She also kept screaming "I'm sad!!!" at the top of her lungs over and over again. (That's what it sounded like anyway). The nurses were kept commenting on it too. It broke my heart, but I knew she was in good hands. As soon as they were done, I picked her up and she cuddled into me and was fine. As soon as I put her in her carseat, she was out.
So now there will forever be a scar on her forehead that will remind me to lock the stroller no matter what. The stitches don't even phase her and we just keep a bandaid over them to keep her from scratching at them. She gets them taken out on Friday. She is such a tough little girl, and she has already forgiven me... thank you Tylee.
5 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS:( how sad!! poor Tylee. She knows it was an accident Janess. She knows how much you love her. Still I bet that was so hard...Im glad shes feeling better!!!
Yes, I'm commenting twice on your blogs. This seriously made me tear up! Babies getting hurt is so sad! She looks good though!
My goodness...rough day! These poor baby injuries happen all the time! We dropped Cass so many times we're just lucky she's smart at all! :) I'm just glad to hear you're both feeling better! Love you!
Poor thing :( she looks adorable with stitches anyways! You are so tiny...you definitly had to stick your tummy out for that pic!!
oh no :( how sad!! i hope shes doing better now!
Post a Comment