Lance Tyler : 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 18 inches
Kyler Michael : 5 lbs. 15 oz. and 18.5 inches
saturday night : long and uncomfortable.
sunday morning : i say to darren, "don't get your hopes up, but we might be going to the hospital today"
sunday morning : i say to darren, "don't get your hopes up, but we might be going to the hospital today"
sunday afternoon : went to the hospital while grandma denise watched tylee because darren insisted we go to at least see if i was contracting into labor. got to the hospital dilated to a 3 and 100% effaced. hour later to a 4 and they decided to take me back.
sunday evening : got the epidural and when i was dilated to a 10 was taken back to the c-section room (in case emergency). both heads still down i was able to give birth to two beautiful little boys. it couldn't have gone better. lance came out first and i didn't even have to push. while waiting for the dr.s his head slowly slipped out and before i knew it, he was crying! kyler had his arm stuck above his head, so with some resituating he came 8 minutes later.
after birth : everything was looking so good. kyler was particularly limp and not crying a whole lot. come to find out, his blood sugar was really low and he needed to go to the nicu. broke my heart to have them take him away, but i knew he was in good hands. with a few wonderful blessings given, i felt very comforted that things were going to be ok.
the stay at the hospital : it was difficult. and i was extremely tired to say the least. i was training the boys to breast feed and that kept me busy going back and forth from the nicu to our room. took me a really long time to get them to latch and then they would feed and then i would supplement to keep their blood sugars high enough and then head to the next babies room and do it all over again. not a lot of time to eat or sleep. but it worked out.
coming home :) i was so anxious to get home and be with my family all together. the only thing was kyler's blood sugar was still low and dr.s didn't know if he would be able to come home. but luckily the little guy pulled through. his blood sugar throughout the day got better and better and he was able to come home with us!! i was so relieved :) when we got home, tylee was tired and onry, which got me nervous for the days ahead. but she has been really good through the transition... particularly if you don't say "no" to her and you are aware of her.
i love these little boys and i can't believe they are here!!
11 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! I've been waiting for these posts, but of course you've been so busy. There really are no words. WHAT A BLESSING! They are perfect and I am still DYING to meet them! WOW!
You look so good Janessa!! Congrats on these 2 handsome boys!! They are adorable!!
Ive been waiting too:) Patiently though Cuz I cant imagine how u even found time to update! What an awesome labor story! It really is so lucky with how well things went with twins and they are SO adorable Janessa!!! You look fabulous. I'm so happy for you guys and cant wait to meet them.
um...have I mentioned yet that I am DYING to come over. I am SO mad that we're all sick right now. I want to hurry and get better already. They are SO adorable, and they look a lot more alike in these pictures than the 1st pics I saw.
I wish there was something I could do to help right now, but I guess i'll have to wait until we're not going to get you all sick. :(
Hope Tylee is feeling better.
Oh my goodness. I love all of these pictures. And can I say you look amazing! seriously, I'd give anything to look like you after having a baby. Those boys are adorable. And little Tylee is beautiful. I'm soo happy for you guys!
Oh they are absolutely perfect in every way! I am so happy things went as you wanted! That is so nice! I can never say I really know how you feel because you have had two at once but I am interested in seeing how just adding one baby into the mix will be! I think you are such an amazing women and you really are an inspiration to so many! (and you do look great after having those boys!) Hope everything continues to get easier and easier! And Hope Tylee gets better too! I know its going around pretty bad right now! GOod luck! Can't wait to meet them!
Congratulations! They are perfect! I am so happy for your family! If we can do anything to help at all please let me know!
I love all of your pictures Janess!! your family is so beautiful!! congrats!!
Congratulations Janessa! Your boys are so perfect and adorable. I too have been anxiously awaiting your post. You are the sweetest mama!
Hope Tylee gets feeling better :)
I can't believe those pictures from the hospital! They are so perfect. I love your moms face, you told us she was excited but this picture catches it perfectly!
So awesome Janessa congratultions! You have such a cute family
Post a Comment