Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Lance & Kyler

I am not the first to say that this past year has gone by so stinkin' fast! I can't believe you two are 1!!! I remember thinking the day would never come :) I have learned so much about myself this past year. You guys have taught me a large portion of it... the importance of enjoying life where you are at, patience, recognizing blessings and being grateful for them. But also I have learned that I have so much to work on in my life. My biggest thing is understanding that letting myself stress over one of you not eating, or not taking bottles, or keeping me awake at night, or things not goin as "planned" is far too exhausting. Many times I have repeated in my head.. "Go with what works!" All I know is that infant twins has been a difficult task, but I have been doing my best, and that's all I can do- so why stress? Although, my discovery is that I am a wreck when I am under stress, I don't know how people handle some of the things they do so well. But anyway, you two are the greatest set of twins! I look at you two together and smile and you both smile right back at me- so easily! I don't even have to try to make you smile because you are such happy boys! And what makes me LAUGH is when you two are getting each other and laughing or when you both wake up looking over at each other in your cribs and laughing and talking... it's seriously the cutest thing ever! Twins are such a special thing. How lucky you are to always have each other. I hope that being a twin will never be something that you don't completely enjoy, because it is something so special. Not to mention the recognition you get when I take you to the store. TWINS! :)

Lance- When you were born you looked just like your big sister did! Dark hair, red skin, round head, chink eyes... so cute. You were healthy and I was happy. You were able to stay in my hospital room with me. And when people would come visit, they got to see you! Everyone agreed that you looked like your sis. You have seemed to be more of the one the wants to be held. (it does alternate, but overall- you are the one that wants to cuddle too) You have three teeth at this point. You say dada and mama. You stand for seconds at a time, but not yet walking. You do not do well when a stranger wants to hold you. You prefer mom and maybe dad or gramasue- particularly when you are tired. You like more of the meat food at this point. The sausage, the chicken, but not so much the veggies. I love you with all of my heart. I am so blessed to have you in my life- my first son!

Kyler- I knew there was a good chance having twins, they would be in the NICU. But when they told me they were taking you down there and took you away, I was a mess! I tried to hold composure. But I worried so much! It hurt my heart... I would have to come down during your feedings and as soon I was done, they would have to put you back in your incubater (you had low blood levels) Your dad and I were at the hospital for 48 hours. How I hoped so badly you could come home with us. I did all I could to get you to eat so your sugars would go up. Every test we were biting our nails... I badly wanted to go home with all my family there. You were such a champ and you pulled through for me! I was so happy when they told us the good news! :) I remember thinking you looked like a little gremlin (haha) so solid even as a newborn. no neck. and i felt myself slowly getting to know you. this is my other son! You overall are a little more indpendent- when you are sick or tired and clingy, it isn't a good thing because that means both my boys are wanting me. You are more the veggie eater and not so much into the meat. You are still crawling all over the place and have 4 teeth. You are such a cheeser, and laugh often! I love you so much!!

There is so much to look forward to! I hope you boys always love me and will know that I am here for you always. I am not a perfect parent, but hopefully you do know that I have perfect intentions and I will always want the best for you. I thank my lucky stars for bringing you two boys into my life. such studs and I absolutely love you!!

Happy 1st Birthday!!!

2 comments:

Heather Hutch said...

I've told you this a million times, but you still AMAZE me with how incredible a mother you are to all THREE of those perfect little ones. I hope to be as good a Mom as you are some day. :) Really, you are as patient, kind and loving as a Mother gets...just sayin. Love you and your little family! Happy Birthday again, Lance and Kyler!

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

Very sweet letter. I think that is an awesome tradtion you have to write them letters on their birthdays. And i agree with Heather you are a perfect mama.