Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fort Wayne Zoo

Went to the zoo today and the kids did really well! it was fun to see all the animals and be out of the house! The weather was absolutely perfect!!! A little crowded, but not too bad. All in all, a great day at the zoo!
We went with our friends we have made out here, Rachel and Travis Frakes. They have a cute little boy a month younger than the boys named Luke! We love having friends to get together with!
The boys were a little apprehensive getting close to any of the animals. Especially little Kyler, he cried if we got too close. Particularly with the giraffe, since we had the chance to be up close and personal! Such cool animals... learned a lot of interesting facts about the giraffe today. 
We had the chance to pet a snake, but my kids were not going to pet any snakes! 
I told Tylee we were going to the zoo, and the first thing she said was, "Can I get some cotton candy?" So we got her some cotton candy and Darren got his Dip n Dots. (he loves!)
I also have that pic of Tylee in the dog house. It was perfect because every night before she will go to bed, we have to pretend she is a dog. I have to say, "Come here doggie!" and she runs to me acting like a dog. I told Tylee her dog house was there... so she hopped in and starting panting like a dog.
Kyler fell asleep for a little bit, Lance didn't think that was right, so he kept poking at his brother. It wasn't until we were on our way out to the car that Kyler woke up and Lance decided to fall asleep. (early bedtime tonight?)
I love any opportunity to go out, and thankfully this was a successful outing! We all had fun, even Darren! :)



























3 comments:

Megan said...

haha! Janessa... I love this! Tylee looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU when we were little! It's crazy! The boys are stinkin' cuties, and I'm glad you've made some good friends while being out there! Ps. Thanks for the invite! ;)

tylerandtia said...

That looks like soooo much fun!! Tuck still has never been to one! ha ha

Rachel said...

haha, I love that picture of Tylee in the doghouse! So cute.