Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 1

Makes me so sad to listen to Tylee cry. At night I rock her to sleep, she wakes up, so I pick her up to put her to sleep again, and this goes on until about 10 or 11 every night. I have been getting very frustrated the past couple weeks and constantly think "I cannot do this every night" I have so many things I need to do at night and rocking her to sleep sets me back. So with that being said... I have decided to let her cry a little bit. She is crying right now. and my heart is aching. I feel horrible! I set her down at 9:30, went in at 9:37 to soothe her and pat her back, and she screamed. I went in 10 minutes later to soothe her once again and she just won't go to sleep. I thought she was asleep there for a litte bit, but the crying started up again. She is not happy. I heard it takes about 4-6 days and then they will learn that no one is going in there and to just go to sleep. So I am dedicated to make this work. It will make motherhood that much sweeter if she would go to sleep without me rocking her all night long. So here we go... ahh heaven help me!
It has been an hour.. and she is still not asleep! ughh.

5 comments:

Madsen Updates said...

the first night is by far the hardest....i hated it, and cried, and Jake had to keep me from going in! Be strong...little tinsy will learn, and you will be SO relieved you did it when you can finally just lay her down and know she will soothe her little self to sleep! It's like a dream come true...I bet she'll sleep better and longer too. Good Luck!!!

Myles N Amanda said...

ness you and me both. ha ha. there are some things that worked for me every now and then that you can try....
-take her on a drive until she falls asleep.
- give her a big drink of water :D
- put a loud fan in the room.
- maybe put a toy in her crib that she'd be ok to fall asleep with.
-or just let her cry like your doing ha ha
good luck.

Dallas, Jessica, and Drake said...

Stick with it Janessa!! I promise you it works and it will be HEAVEN once she gets it. It will be hard for the first few days, but the night that she falls asleep on her own without crying, you feel like one proud mom. Start the washer and dryer while she is crying, it helps for you to drown out the crying. Keep your mind OFF of it the best you can. Janessa it is so worth it! I promise!!! Call me if you need ANYTHING! I know it's very very hard, but remember it's the best for her and you!! love ya!

Jennifer said...

Janessa, It is so TRUE it can be the hardest thing to do. It took Lindzey about 2 weeks of crying and screaming before she got the clue. And belive me I cried along with her most nights. Good luck and hang in there. It's all worth it.
Oh yeah I also would play a lullaby CD in her room to help calm her. :)

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

You're not the only mom dealing with this, promise! But really, after a couple days to a couple weeks she'll get it and you'll love it! I put a humidifier in Layla's room and now I'm afraid to take it out. I really think it soothes her. Good luck, at least you're starting now..Layla's 13 months and I just started a month ago!