Wednesday, May 5, 2010

my sob story

In Feb. of 2007, I was watching Newsies with my friend, Heather, when suddenly my body started to feel really dizzy and almost numb feeling. I stood up, and was like- woh, something isn't right. Then my hearing started to cloud over and I felt fine, other than my hearing was "numb" or plugged or something. We went to Pizza Factory that night with a bunch of people and for some reason... my hearing never fully recovered. I remember thinking, when I wake up, it should be fine. But never was. I went to the IHC and they gave me antibiotics, thinking that the tube was clogged up, but those didn't work.. they gave me something else and yet again- the medicine failed to give me back my hearing. So when I came home to St. George, I went to a specialist. They weren't exactly sure what the cause could be, so i got me an MRI to see if there was some kind of growth... bajillion dollars later, turns out it all started from some virus.
so i was sent to get a hearing aid. yes... a hearing aid at the age of 20. so pathetic... im blind as a bat and deaf as an old man. (p.s. i want lasik soooo bad) anyway, i got a hearing aid... wasn't working... blah blah... so i went to someone else to see if there were more options to help my hearing loss and still no help. repeatedly i have gone back saying that the settings don't work. i was told that if i didn't wear a hearing aid then my left ear- aka my good ear- would be working too hard to make up for the right ear and then give out on me. now were they telling me this to sell me a hearing aid? or is that 100% true? I have yet to find out. my hearing aid doesn't help me. so then everyone gives me a hard time "why arent you wearing your hearing aid? maybe you could hear better" i love you all for caring so much and i understand thats why they continually tell me to wear my hearing aid. but trust me! im more frustrated then anyone that i have to ask over and over again "what'd you say?" and that my hearing aid doesn't help with my hearing. not at all! if anything it makes my ear ring louder. which brings me to tinnitus. i have tinnitus, which is "ringing of the ear" my ear constantly is ringing. rings louder at times. when im stressed or tired i think? or sometimes i can't sleep cause all i can focus on is the ringing in my ear. which is the reason for this post. i think the ringing makes me a little anxious sometimes. and i want it to go away.
but it could be worse. and i love the hearing in my left ear soo much! and the partial hearing in my right ear, too.

5 comments:

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madsen Updates said...

i can't even imagine how annoying that must be...you handle it so well, and never ever complain about it, so i forget you are dealing with it every day!! i'm so sorry...

Heather Hutch said...

Poor Ness! I remember that night...dang newsies! I know the hearing aid doesn't help much, but that just means people need to learn what side to chat with you on! I have told you so many secrets in your bad ear and you don't even move (that's when I figured out that you weren't ignoring me, you just simply couldn't hear). Sorry that it's still giving you problems!! Our dang physical bodies...can't wait for the next life and perfect bodies. Love YOU NESS!!

Brittney and Zach Lundgreen said...

oh my i didn't even know that! you have a real good attitude!!!

Myles N Amanda said...

Ness.... im so sorry. i will keep you in my prayers. its always a funny joke... i thought, but i never realize that it really affects you so bad. i hope you can figure out somehting that works for you .