Monday, August 29, 2011

Little Taleah

Being that it is fast sunday this weekend, we want to organize a fast for little Taleah Stevenson, Scott and Tosha Stevensons daughter, who is undergoing acute lymphoblast leukemia. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

When I first found out, my heart sunk. I thought of my sweet Tylee and try to put ourselves in their shoes, and inevitably started crying. Taleah is 5-6 months older than Tylee and has a little brother about the same age as the twins. I think of her mother, Tosha, and my heart reaches out to her! Everytime I read their blog, togetherfortaleah.blogspot.com, I end up in tears cause the heartache I feel for their family.

I want to kick myself in the butt for ever complaining about how difficult it is having three young kids, or complaining about this and that. In reality, I need to count my blessings. I have three kids that I love more than life itself who are healthy and happy. Man, I hope it stays that way throughout their entire lives. Tosha is a strong mother. Taleah is such a strong little girl. I know this because otherwise, they wouldn't have been given this trial.

My heart is overwelmed with gratitude and love for my family. I can only hope and pray that things go as smoothly as possible for the Stevenson family. Although Darren and I won't be able to fast (breastfeeding and a diabetic) our thoughts and prayers will be directed towards them! If you can, I know that this fast will help their family in any way they need it. God speed....

1 comment:

Myles N Amanda said...

this is so sad.. every time i read that blog to i cry my eyes out... i can't even imagine.