Sunday, October 16, 2011

California/Disneyland

CALIFORNIA 2011



All the kiddos. Thank goodness for strollers.




They did so good! If they ever were fussy, it wasn't anything we couldn't resolve with food/diaper change/or a nap. They did get a little restless came 8:00. Can't blame them though...





Tylee LOVED all of the rides. She even went on a roller coaster that I was so nervous for. Every time the ride stopped she would throw a fit because she wanted to go again and refused to get off.



Minnie Mouse! Stoked when we found her (I was on my way to feed the boys at the "baby station" which was so cool because I was able to nurse and be private.) Anyway, Tylee couldn't stop looking at her. She even got brave and kissed Minnie on the nose.


She was still asleep when the parade started. Not even the loud music woke her up. So I had to. And I am so glad I did! it was awesome!! They would wave at her. She got to shake hands with a monkey. Peter Pan came up to her and said Hi! Even though she was still in waking up mode, she loved it.














We all hated the part of the trip when Steph found out her mom had a brain anurysum (sp?). They had her on life support and unfortunately, had to pull the plugs. Maybe 5 hours later, Martha Coe passed away. Steph flew out there and was able to see her before they took her off. It hurts my heart so bad! Steph's parents served 4-5 mission the past years and I know Steph would have loved to see her parents more. It was fortunate that she got to see them the weekend before and spend some time with them before this came about. My heart reaches out to her and her family. I love Steph so much and hate that she has to go through this right now.



Can't pass up the beach when you go to Cali. Even if it is cold and windy. Tylee hated the water. It was sooo cold! Took my breath away when it touched my feet.


chased birds. saw crabs. saw a sea lion. built castles.


her seaweed sand castles. ;)


We went to Cheesecake Factory that night. The kids were done. Tylee didn't want to listen to anything we had to say. The boys were hungry for baby food. The wait was FOREVER. We got to the table and got them fed. Tylee was wanting the butter so bad and would spread it all over the seat. While I handed toy after toy to the boys to keep them preoccupied. The Tylee spilt water and so I moved it to the side where Lance got a hold of it and the rest spilt all over the place. And I felt like a crazy person trying to control all my kids at once. We hadn't ordered our food yet, so Darren and I looked at each other and decided the rest of the family eat in peace (we had our own car) and went on our way to get McDonalds. Yummy, right? Totally beats Cheesecake Factory. Haha, but we did make it back to our hotel where we got kids settled and we could enjoy our food in peace. I just laugh though because I know even though we were totally stressed out in that moment, we will look back and laugh.



Kids did well in the car. Kyler had a couple breakdowns, but we made it! HOME! Safe and sound. Isn't is nice coming home to the "norm"? I would have to say so...


a HUGE thanks to Mike and Denise for EVERYTHING! They truly are the most greatest in-laws ever! Thanks for the awesome vacation!

2 comments:

Heather Hutch said...

I'm so glad you posted these! It looks like such an exhausting, but fun trip! :) Glad you were able to do it. And I am so sad about Steph's Mom!! I had no idea and that is the saddest thing. I will be keeping her family in my prayers. I hope D's bday was good...remind me I owe you both bday dinners when I come to visit again. Love you!

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

Look like a blast! You are so brave to take on Disney Land and three kiddos! Love all the pics!