Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Ty



My most sincere apology to those mothers I was quick to judge when their child would throw a tantrum in the store. Not that I ever rolled my eyes at them, I just never thought MY children would do that. This is only an example of when I feel like "parenting" is completely out of my control. I know, I know... it's totally not out of my control, but when Tylee is constanly saying, "No, Mommy!" or hits me in the face when I am trying to reason with her (especially in front of people) I can't help but think, man! what am I doing wrong? I feel confident with how I am parenting, but maybe there is something I am missing. My main thing I always try to keep in mind is to be patient and to keep my cool, not that I have always been able to, but I have read from church leaders that being calm and patient is very important when it comes to parenting because they learn by example, right? But I want to be strict and stern so she knows how serious I am. Where is the line drawn? Well to each is own... I am just venting ;) (this will be fantastic to read when Tylee is a mother) So I am learning constantly how she best takes discipline 'cause I realize every child will be different, and hopefully one days something in her brain will click and she will learn to LISTEN and OBEY her mother.

Now to clear a couple things up... Tylee is my angel child and I realize she has her moments and her phases or whatever, so I do my best to take deep breaths when needed. And gosh, there are days that I just can't get enough of her (in such a good way). She is absolutely amazing to me! I laugh and am in awe at her every word. She is a huge highlight to my day! and I can not imagine life without Tylee Kate. I. Love. You!!!

1 comment:

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

She's such a doll! I love her personality! Just in all the photos you can see she is such a Happy silly adorable little girl! I completely know what you mean there are those times for me as well when I think "I've got to be doing something wrong" but I know we Mom's even have to learn as we go. I think they'll all turn out even if we take a while to figure it out lol! We should plan a play time sometime. I know your busy so no worries if you can't ;0) I think Jaerick and Tylee would have a lot of fun ;o)