Thursday, May 26, 2011

Broken Binkies




We did it. Tylee's binkies are broken and no longer needed for this little girl. We broke them yesterday and when I showed them to her she said "oh, thank you mommy!" Well, they are broken but you are welcome :) She called her daddy and told him, "My binkies are broken!" We had to call GramaSue and tell her too. {grama nise is at the cabin w/ no service} She even called someone on her toy phone to tell them. She seemed kinda distraught about the whole thing, but said "okay..." whenever I told her that broken binkies meant we will be going to sleep without them tonight. Bedtime came. She cried for half hour and fell asleep without them and slept all night. And today for her nap, she asked for the binkie but when I told her they were broken she gave me a blank stare and I left the room. She didn't cry. Very cool... So this long awaited and very much dreaded day wasn't dreadful at all. Hopefully she continues to be okay with this.



Next step, potty training. But even though I feel she would be ready if we gave it the go.. I am not ready only because I can't give the attention she would be need to be potty trained. Maybe when I start bottle feeding the babies...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahoo go ty! I remember thinking Pres would want her bink forever because she was so attached, but then to my surprise she was starting to wean herself and thats when I put them away.
It's so funny how worried we get to wean them from things and then it turns out just fine. I was nervous to be done nursing to and she did great and right now I'm thinking her bottles is going to be a hard one to wean cuz shes so attached and when I try to hold off that's all she wants but I'm waiting a few more months and hoping she'll be ready. Thats cute she wanted to call everyone!

Brittney and Zach Lundgreen said...

she is soooooo gorgeous!!! you are such a cute mom Janess can't believe you have 3 kids! you are adorable!!

Madsen Updates said...

Yay!!! That's such a relief to have that out of the way. I dreaded it too, but Link handled it the way tylee did. I bet she'll keep doing great. She's adorable! love her!