Monday, May 9, 2011

Cabin Fever

It felt so good to get up at the cabin and enjoy some r&r (as much as you can with twinners) I have to admit, it was nice having an extra set of hands all weekend long! It was the boys first time going on a little trip and they did awesome!


kyson came up with us and here is Grandpa Mike playing on the iPads with the kiddos!


Cheesing it for the camera.. doesn't happen enough, so I had to post this. She did pretty well sleeping. Although, she wanted daddy to lay down with her for naps and at night she layed next to us. We had all five of us in the bed at one point. She would toss and turn until she finally fell asleep. Darren would tell her stories... I would sing to her. But I couldn't stop laughing when Darren decided to sing to her. He says, "Okay, I will sing you song if you close your eyes..." moments passed then all the sudden he busts out "Called to serve him.... " Haha. I started laughing and thought it was so funny. Perfect song choice babe :) Tylee would cover my mouth so I would stop laughing. Couldn't help myself..


Kyson loves these little guys. He was fun to have around. I know Tylee loved having someone to play with the entire time. He refuses to let you call him Kyson though.. "I'm not Kyson, I'm Blue" (like off of the new movie, Rio) Tylee would totally tease him and say "Kyson, Kyson" while she would scrunch her nose and get in his face. Finally I had to tell him that she was talking to her imaginary friend Kyson, "Not you, Blue" then instead when she would say Kyson, he would say "are you talking about the other kyson?" Luckily her response would be yeah. Anyway, everytime anyone would forget and call him Kyson and he would get so mad. "I'm Blue!" way too funny!

It was a perfect getaway for the weekend. I even got to go out for a short bit without any kids. It was nice even though I worried for Mike and Denise back at the cabin and was eager to get back to make sure it didn't turn into a madhouse.



Denise sure keeps Tylee intrigued with all the bugs they find, oh yeah... and this DEAD SNAKE! yuck! and this is Tylee holding the dead snake! I guess she is a whole lot braver than I will ever be. (I hate snakes!!!!)



Tylee showing Daddy all those cool bugs and snakes she found! ewww....


Lance totally cheesing it!


and totally out of it!


on our little break away from the kiddos, we went on the four-wheelers to this cool swing in the mountains! so tall and way fun!!!!


It was a fun trip, but always nice to come home to normal routines. Oh yeah, and roller blades for mothers day! thanks sweetie!

3 comments:

Skyler and Bailey said...

FUN!! So glad you guys got a little get away.

Heather Hutch said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Ty is WAY more brave than I because I wouldn't walk within ten feet of even a dead snake. Your family is super cute in all of these pics! I love those kids of yours!

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

So fun! I love all the pics! Tylee is crazy brave I agree with Heather I wouldnt get close! :) Im so happy so see you got some use out of those sleep sacks! The boys are so cute! We need to have a play date soon!