Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary

{pic taken at the hospital when i had the twins}



I met my prince charming back when I was in 7th grade.

His first words? "Can I have your school picture?"

and my response.. "Yeah, as long as you don't look at it" (I don't know? nervous I guess.)

We wrote notes but never really hung out.

He then left to the high school and I never spoke to him until....




Sophomore year.

He had a thing for me and I had a thing for him... and lots of other boys. (not wanting a "relationship")

After his persistance, we made it official 13 days after my 16th birthday.



All of high school was "Darren and Janessa".. Two peas in a pod. :)

We went through heaven (and a taste of hell)

We loved each other.




Then came GEORGIA for him.

and COLLEGE YEARS for me.

We both grew and learned A LOT during this time period.




Darren's homecoming was a roller coaster of emotions.

All that matters is that we knew what and who we wanted and most importantly which direction in life we wanted to take.

Marriage :)




If you were to ask me at that point in time...

Where will you be in 5 years?

My answer? Hopefully Darren will be working and me at home... a toddler with a child on the way. Sounds pretty good.

Instead, what we got?

3 kids in 3 years!

The best 3 years of my life and EVERY YEAR GETS BETTER!




I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.

I love you Darren Wilstead! (more than the very most!)

3 comments:

Chad and Starr said...

Happy Anniversary! I miss you guys & would love to meet those cute boys, and see your cute girl! If you ever need help or a break I'd love to come over and do whatever I can. I can't imagine it being easy taking care of three young kids!

Heather Hutch said...

this is so sweet!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! i hope your day was amazing because you two deserve it...you're livin' the life! love you!

Chase + Destiny said...

Happy Anniversary!! I wish we could have come and said bye before we left!! The boys are ADORABLE.